We have so far funded 5 teams -- teams are working on the following:
- ImmTune Therapies is developing an off-the-shelf injectable cell therapy platform for re-engineering immune cells inside the patient’s body.
- Symphony Biosciences is designing creative biomaterials to train the immune system to fight solid tumors. Symphony Biosciences is a UCLA spinout founded by Fatemeh (Negin) S. Majedi (PhD UCLA), Mahdi Hasani (PhD Georgia Tech), and Manish Butte, MD PhD (Associate Professor UCLA).
- Kanobo is making science labs more effective with modern project management tools and integrated lab notebooks. The founders of Kanobo are Elaine Hsiao, PhD (Associate Professor UCLA) and Leon Hong (previously at Google).
- Current Surgical is building a smart surgical needle for minimally invasive tumor detection and ablation. The company was started by Al Mashal, (PhD University of Wisconsin) and Chris Wagner (PhD Harvard University).
- Inherent Targeting is developing fluorescent dyes to guide surgeries and improve clinical outcomes. Coming from OHSU the company was founded by Connor Barth (PhD OHSU), Summer Gibbs, PhD (Associate Professor OHSU), and Lei Wang, (PhD Portland State University).